- Review “Final SBA Loan Review Decision Letter”
- Confirm your deadline to appeal the SBA decision
- Gather your documents & facts to identify issues to raise in your appeal
- Review SBA’s prior legal decisions & rulings
- Draft your Appeal (max 20 pages) and include exhibits (your evidence) and SBA’s Final Loan Review Decision Letter.
*You must include your legal arguments, facts, and legal authority to support your position to show SBA’s denial was “clearly erroneous” (there are additional requirements – see SBA’s website).
- Create an online account at appeals.sba.gov.
- Answer all questions truthfully and completely when responding to SBA’s online questionnaire.
- Identify a legal representative for your business to handle the SBA Appeal.
- Upload your appeal, exhibits, and SBA Final Decision Letter.
We strongly recommend retaining an attorney to represent your company and prepare and file your formal appeal.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU RECEIVE A LETTER OF DENIAL.
If you received a letter from the SBA denying your forgiveness request for your PPP loan within the last 30 days, the clock is ticking. You have 30 days to respond and file your appeal. The timeline for SBA forgiveness appeals is inflexible. Once your initial 30-day period expires you will lose your right to appeal SBA's denial to forgive your PPP loan.
We strongly recommend you hire an attorney to represent your company in the SBA appeal process. The ONLY individuals who can represent your company in the appeal process are: An owner, a company officer, or an attorney. CPAs are not authorized to represent borrowers in the appeal process.
Watch this video for information on what to do if your PPP Loan Forgiveness is DENIED
Get Help Now
Complete the form and upload your SBA final loan review letter and a member of our staff will contact you shortly.
CALL (972) 544-4052 immediately if your deadline is approaching.