Did you receive Letter 6323 initiating an IRS Audit for your income taxes?
Your audit letter contains:
- The tax year of the audit. The taxpayer name being examined (this is where you will determine if you individually or your business is under review.)
- The deadline to respond: This is 10 days. Your assigned Revenue Agent’s name and phone number.
- A summary of what issues are being audited.
So: here are a couple of PRO TIPS:
- Provide records to your Revenue Agent before consulting a tax lawyer.
- You should: Contact a tax attorney before supplying the IRS with any records to ensure you don’t provide the wrong information. You can easily make things worse that may expand your audit. If you believe you have made serious mistakes on your return.